Preston Neighbourhood Watch Association
Our Mission Statement:
Working together to Make Preston a safer
and more enjoyable place to live, work
The Preston Neighbourhood Watch Association was formed on April 17 2004 following a meeting of the Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinators of Preston Central police division.
At the meeting called by Rachel O’Brien, Community Safety Officer, it was agreed that a committee be formed to set up an Association of Neighbourhood Watch's in Preston.
The Aims and Objectives were discussed and agreed upon:
* To support local NHW to reduce crime and disorder in the city of Preston
* Encourage local NHW schemes to engage local communities in order to help regenerate our Neighbourhoods by sharing good practice
* Support local NHW schemes to reduce the fear of crime and improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors to the city of Preston
* Work in partnership with other organisations such as Lancashire Constabulary, Lancashire Fire and Rescue, LNWF and other agencies working to reduce crime and disorder within the city of Preston
* Promote crime prevention measures and techniques across the communities of Preston in order to make the city a safer place to live and work
* Ensure all local NHW Schemes are informed of information and data on all aspects of crime prevention order to reduce the numbers of victims of crime
The committee (made up of representatives of each policing sector) is now working upon the forming of links with partner organisations for help and funding of all Neighbourhood Watch schemes.
All co-ordinators in Preston Central Division are eligible to join.