Broughton PACT Meeting
Held at Broughton & District Club,.
Wednesday 12th April 2014. 7-00pm
PRESENT: PC Chris Banks
PCSO David Reid
Volunteers: Reay Mackay
“ David Rogerson
“ Carolyn Cross
“ Mary Carter
“ Steve Lister
Approximately 20 members of the public
REPORTED CRIMES SINCE 1st January 2014.
Fourteen reported crimes in Broughton since 1st January 2014.
• Four of these had successful outcomes
1) Concern was expressed over the lack of a white line dividing the pedestrian & cycling lanes on the footpath between the pedestrian crossing and the D’urton Lane/A6 junction.
2) Parking Issues on Whittingham Lane
3) Inconsiderate parking in Northway, opposite Broughton High School. There are “AT ANYTIME” signs on poles on both sides of Northway, why are there no double yellow lines? Parking issues Sandygate Lane
4) There is a high incidence of poaching in the area. Be suspicious of 4x4 vehicles & vans parked in rural area at odd times of day or night.
It was suggested & generally agreed that Broughton PACT meetings should be held at 3 monthly intervals.